Before you go out and hire a plumber, there are a few tips you will want to keep in mind. This article will discuss a few tips on how to locate a trustworthy plumber. With that said, if you want to learn how to locate a trustworthy plumber, then continue to read the rest of this article.
1. Check To See If They Are Licensed– As a general rule of thumb, the first thing you need to make sure is that the plumber is fully licensed and has full insurance. Insurance protects both you and your neighbor’s property in the event something goes wrong while the plumber is performing work on your home. Any reputable and trustworthy plumber won’t have any issue with showing you their license and if they have a website, they will usually mention on it that they are fully licensed and insured, which should give you peace of mind knowing you and your property will be in good hands.
2. Read Reviews And Get References- get a few references from the plumbers in Beaverton you are considering hiring or ask if you can see some of the work they have completed in the past. You also want to read reviews online about the plumbers, as this will give you an idea of the kind of service they provide and how satisfied their past customers were with their work. Head over to the plumbers’ social media profiles and find out what their customers are saying and how the plumbers interact with their customers.
3. How Long Have They Been Operating For- Generally speaking, plumbing companies that have been around for a longtime have been able to last because they tend to be trustworthy and provide great service. Companies that are disreputable tend to fade away, but keep in mind this is not always the case. If a company has been operating for many years, then find out how many plumbing jobs they have completed in that time frame. Just because a plumber has been operating their business for many years does not mean they have worked on many plumbing projects.
4. Compare Quotes- If you want to find a trustworthy plumber, then make sure you get quotes from various plumbing companies and don’t assume that all plumbers will conduct the same kind of quality work. In other words, if two plumbers charge the same price or around the same price, then ask for references and ask to see examples of their past work. A good plumber will perform quality work at a great price, so make sure you compare 3-5 quotes from plumbing companies.
5. Ask About Warranty- The last thing you want to do is to hire a plumber who does not offer a warranty or any kind of guarantee on the work they perform. If something goes wrong with the plumbing issue that was taken care of, then you could be out more money if it did not come with a warranty. A good plumber believes in their work and they have no problem offering a warranty or some sort of guarantee on their work. If a plumber does not have a guarantee on their work or offer warranties on their work, then it’s best to continue looking for the ideal plumber to help you out.
6. Get Referrals- The best way to find a trustworthy plumber in Beaverton is by asking people you know if they can refer you to any good plumbers. The chances are someone you know has used a plumber at some point in their life, so ask around. Make sure you ask people how their overall experience was with the plumber they are referring you to and ask about the quality of work the plumber performed and if they would hire the plumber again in the future. Finding out these things will help you find a great plumber, so ask your co-workers, family members, friends and other people you know if they can recommend a good plumber.
7. Find Out What They Will Do- The key is to get a fixed quote from a plumber and then find out exactly what they will do. A good company has no problem giving flat quotes and telling their customers what they will do. If a plumber offers their customers fixed quotes and they are able to give their customers an idea of what they will do and how long the job will take, then the chances are they are a decent plumber you should consider hiring.
Finding a trustworthy plumber to tackle your plumbing tasks can be a challenge. However, it doesn’t have to be that way, especially if you keep the above tips and advice in mind. All you have to do now is keep the above tips in mind and start your search for plumbers.